Thursday, April 15, 2010

Condemned game stopping glitch + save gl ...

I really enjoyed Condemned - Criminal Origins on the 360 (although it's a glitchy, glitchy, unpatched game) and I played it to chapter 9, the Orchard Farm, where you have to infra-red for the pieces of the riddle around the house. I encountered a game stopping bug in the attic though, and I can't proceed :( :So, I smash the attic door lock with the sledgehammer, go upstairs, turn left, reach the next room and there are wooden planks blocking the path. I get attacked by an illusory enemy, I defeat him and after that I read on several guides the planks should disappear... but they don't. It only worked once but then the game glitched out and sent me back to the main menu and I had to restart. I tried reloading a checkpoint, I tried restarting the chapter. Nothing. Any way to bypass this?Second bug, I swear it's a weird, weird bug: I once resumed playing and the game loaded a checkpoint that wasn't mine... it was from a level I hadn't been to yet and in a situation I had never been into. This happened in two separate occasions. Also, as I said earlier, the game glitched on level 9 and corrupted my checkpoint and since then I got the attic glitch.Help? Anybody? :(Condemned game stopping glitch + save gl ...
Ouch.



I didn't come across either bug when I played the first Condemned, but in the last level of the second game I quit, went to bed, and came back the next day to finish off the game only to find out my save had bugged. It was still present (as far as my 360 was concerned) but the game was convinced I hadn't played a single level. The only solution where was, unfortunately, to start all over.



Tomb Raider Legend had a similar game-stopping bug with the sea serpent fight - if you tried using the pillars prior to the fight you'd bug things up and the only way to fix it was delete your save and start over.



I have a feeling that might be the only solution for you as well, which sucks. Game breaking bugs are a great way to instantly tarnish otherwise great game experiences. :(Condemned game stopping glitch + save gl ...
Great... why didn't they address the problem in all this time? I mean, we're in the patch age, for crying out loud! Oh wait, it's Sega... let's lose hope then :evil:

No comments:

Post a Comment