Sunday, April 11, 2010

Xbox 360 Arcade vs. Xbox 360 Pro

I was thinking about getting the Arcade to save 100 bucks. I don't mind the wired controller or no hard drive, since it comes with a memory card. Is there any other reason why I wouldn't want to get the Arcade?Xbox 360 Arcade vs. Xbox 360 Pro
Actually it might come with a wireless controller, I'm not sure.Xbox 360 Arcade vs. Xbox 360 Pro
[QUOTE=''pat360xb'']Actually it might come with a wireless controller, I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

Now I think it does come with a wireless but the lack of much memory is what would drive me away from buying an arcade unless you don't care much for DLC and extras.
[QUOTE=''pat360xb'']I was thinking about getting the Arcade to save 100 bucks. I don't mind the wired controller or no hard drive, since it comes with a memory card. Is there any other reason why I wouldn't want to get the Arcade?[/QUOTE]

It is a wireless controller. And the 256MB of memory is actually internal. I thought it was going to be a removable memory card and I was pissed because I couldn't find it in the box, but when you fire up the console you'll find the 256MB of space is there.



The one reason why I wouldn't get an Arcade if you're a first time buyer is the hard drive space. Get enough games and that space gets taken up quickly. You can't really do much on Xbox Live without an HDD. You won't be able to really download videos. Demos are out of the question. And game add-ons like map packs take up a lot of space.



Also, if you want to go High Def, you'll have to buy the cables. There is an HDMI port on the Arcade, but the cable is sold seperately. The component cables are not included with the Arcade either. Only standard Def cables. So you'll at least have to get the Xbox 360 component cable if you don't have HDMI.



I picked up an Arcade as a replacement for my original console who's 3 year extended warranty is up. Placed my HDD on it and still have my original component cables.
the memory card is only 256 mb so you can only save a handfull of games so you should get a harddrive
You'll likely end up wanting to pick up at least a 60GB HDD and go High Def. Buying an HDD and HD cables will cost you more in the end. You might as well get at least a Pro system.
So long as you don't intend on playing 360 much, download any content or playing with friends the arcade is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment