Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stressing the Hard Drive too much?

Do you think that by playing your games off theHDD can put too much stress on it? I mean I understand that PC's play games off theirHDD all the time, but I hear the 360's HDD is a bit more fragile. I play almost every game I own off the hard drive.So I guess if you played an equal ammount of time off the HDD and with the actual disk drive, which one do you thinkwould go out first?Stressing the Hard Drive too much?
well, compared to the dvd drive, it should take a lot longer for the hdd to fail than the dvd drive.



with that said, i am a little bit worried too. most of my games are copied to my hdd. the main problem for me is if my hdd dies, i loose all my savesStressing the Hard Drive too much?
[QUOTE=''ihaveabu'']well, compared to the dvd drive, it should take a lot longer for the hdd to fail than the dvd drive. with that said, i am a little bit worried too. most of my games are copied to my hdd. the main problem for me is if my hdd dies, i loose all my saves[/QUOTE]Yeah thats one of my main worries also, the game saves. I need to backup my games to my computer... the saves i mean...now i just need to figure out how haha.
The 360 hard drive is just like a computers hard drive so it's no different. It's better your playing them off the hard drive since it produces less heat and can easily be replaced if broken. If your dvd drive broke then that would be a lot harder to replace.
[QUOTE=''ihaveabu'']well, compared to the dvd drive, it should take a lot longer for the hdd to fail than the dvd drive. with that said, i am a little bit worried too. most of my games are copied to my hdd. the main problem for me is if my hdd dies, i loose all my saves[/QUOTE]Buy a memory card and start backing up your game saves on it-that's what i've done for the very same reason.
i looked it up. apparently you can only move the save file from the hdd to the memory card. you can't actually copy the save file.
[QUOTE=''ihaveabu'']i looked it up. apparently you can only move the save file from the hdd to the memory card. you can't actually copy the save file.[/QUOTE]Oh so you really can't ''back up'' your save games, they are only in one spot at a time? Thats pretty lame... if thats true
wouldnt it be easier to just buy a big memory card and put most of your saves on there?
I think it won't damage ir or anything....just a extra strain.
[QUOTE=''sizzlingdviper''][QUOTE=''ihaveabu'']well, compared to the dvd drive, it should take a lot longer for the hdd to fail than the dvd drive. with that said, i am a little bit worried too. most of my games are copied to my hdd. the main problem for me is if my hdd dies, i loose all my saves[/QUOTE]Buy a memory card and start backing up your game saves on it-that's what i've done for the very same reason.[/QUOTE]

I do the same - copy important save files onto the memory unit, so if the harddrive fails I still have a copy.



There are a few games that won't let you copy the saves - Too Human and Forza 2 spring to mind, but most games are fine with copying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment