Thursday, April 15, 2010

Falcon Chip v.s. Jasper Chip....

Well as you know most Xbox 360's on the market now have a Falcon Chip. If you dont know what it is just google it. But now they are taliking about a new and improverd chip called the Jasper. It is supposed to hit shelves in August. Do I wait for that chip to buy a 360? Or just get one now?Falcon Chip v.s. Jasper Chip....
It's probably not going to change much since the Falcon chip is supposed to be pretty great. It might run a little cooler. I think you're safe to buy a 360 now. I'll have to keep a watch on Jasper though.Falcon Chip v.s. Jasper Chip....
Should I get a 3 year warranty?
[QUOTE=''EnderSR388'']It's probably not going to change much since the Falcon chip is supposed to be pretty great. It might run a little cooler. I think you're safe to buy a 360 now. I'll have to keep a watch on Jasper though.[/QUOTE]A jasper chip wouldn't replace a falcon. A falcon chip is a CPU and a jasper chip is the update chip to the GPU. Jaspers aren't out yet, there is no time table for their release. I wouldn't wait around for something that could be more than a year away.
[QUOTE=''Stuntman9594'']Should I get a 3 year warranty?[/QUOTE] Always buy a warranty. The length is up to you.
[QUOTE=''mfp16''][QUOTE=''EnderSR388'']It's probably not going to change much since the Falcon chip is supposed to be pretty great. It might run a little cooler. I think you're safe to buy a 360 now. I'll have to keep a watch on Jasper though.[/QUOTE]A jasper chip wouldn't replace a falcon. A falcon chip is a CPU and a jasper chip is the update chip to the GPU. Jaspers aren't out yet, there is no time table for their release. I wouldn't wait around for something that could be more than a year away.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the clarification.
[QUOTE=''Stuntman9594'']Should I get a 3 year warranty?[/QUOTE]I wouldn't, you are already protected against the RROD for three years from microsoft. It seems like a waste of money to me as if you are going to have a problem odds are that is going to be the reason. Of course lots of people will disgree with me, but I would never pay extra for one.
it won't make any difference. the RROD is always just around the corner :)seriously though, id just buy it now and enjoy...
[QUOTE=''mfp16''][QUOTE=''Stuntman9594'']Should I get a 3 year warranty?[/QUOTE]I wouldn't, you are already protected against the RROD for three years from microsoft. It seems like a waste of money to me as if you are going to have a problem odds are that is going to be the reason. Of course lots of people will disgree with me, but I would never pay extra for one.[/QUOTE] I didn't think MS was offering a 3 year warranty on newer systems, only launch systems and ones manufactured before 9/07. Something like that.
With the rumored price drop in a couple of weeks you might hear more at, during or after E3. Extended warranty, how can I lose??lol
[QUOTE=''grvr316'']With the rumored price drop in a couple of weeks you might hear more at, during or after E3. Extended warranty, how can I lose??lol[/QUOTE] Price drop is supposed to be in August.
Personally, I got the extended warranty because if my machine does die, I don't want to send it to MS who might send me a used 360. It's a small price to pay for the option of just going down to the store and getting a brand new machine. Heck man, if your machine dies in 1-2 years, you could get the Jasper with the bluray drive. :D Joking on the bluray thing but you get my point.
Since RRoD mainly comes from GPU, does this mean RRoDs are over?
You need to check on the Warranty. Dumb Microcenter conned me. Their warranty would only kick in AFTER Mr. Softy's warranty had expired. Then Mr. Softy extended the warranty for 3 years, making it a moot point. If your warranty allows you to directly take your broken Xbox to the store for a replacement, then I'd get one. Otherwise, it's useless as Mr. Softy will take care of it %26 you get to save a buck.
[QUOTE=''EnderSR388''][QUOTE=''mfp16''][QUOTE=''Stuntman9594'']Should I get a 3 year warranty?[/QUOTE]I wouldn't, you are already protected against the RROD for three years from microsoft. It seems like a waste of money to me as if you are going to have a problem odds are that is going to be the reason. Of course lots of people will disgree with me, but I would never pay extra for one.[/QUOTE] I didn't think MS was offering a 3 year warranty on newer systems, only launch systems and ones manufactured before 9/07. Something like that.[/QUOTE]



No, it's a THREE YEAR warranty for RROD on ALL systems, not only older ones!!! Go Microsoft and read up if you don't believe me.
[QUOTE=''Ozzie234''][QUOTE=''EnderSR388''][QUOTE=''mfp16''][QUOTE=''Stuntman9594'']Should I get a 3 year warranty?[/QUOTE]I wouldn't, you are already protected against the RROD for three years from microsoft. It seems like a waste of money to me as if you are going to have a problem odds are that is going to be the reason. Of course lots of people will disgree with me, but I would never pay extra for one.[/QUOTE] I didn't think MS was offering a 3 year warranty on newer systems, only launch systems and ones manufactured before 9/07. Something like that.[/QUOTE] No, it's a THREE YEAR warranty for RROD on ALL systems, not only older ones!!! Go Microsoft and read up if you don't believe me.[/QUOTE] Whoa, calm down. Who said I didn't believe you?
[QUOTE=''Iraqi_Gangster'']Since RRoD mainly comes from GPU, does this mean RRoDs are over?[/QUOTE]RROD is never over
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-hC4UC77w
I'm a Noob. I'll admit it. And, I'm BORED. I've played all there is to play on PS2.

I've decided on a XBOX 360. Go me. From what I've seen, I should:



* Check the date (After September, 2008?)



* Check wattage (under 175?)



I don't want to be bored EVER AGAIN. I think that xbox live is going to rock and I want my games at all times. That said, should I buy an xbox 360 pro at this time? I mean, a.s.a.p. I'm BORED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment