Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Battery Recommendations?

I currently use regular betteries for the xbox controller, but would rather have recharables. i bought some for the wii that turned out to be crappy, and am resultantly paraniod lol. Any recommendations for brands, types etc.?Battery Recommendations?
there is only one brand, microsofts hahaBattery Recommendations?
I recommend getting a Play %26 Charge kit found at your local gamestore.
Use a play and charge kit - it comes with a battery pack and the cable to charge it, and it works great.
If you're looking for BATTERIES!Try Eneloop (might only be in australia)They've got the longest charge/recharge cycle, maintaining full power carriage until 1000 charges or something.

They work great for controllers and the like.
[QUOTE=''Avenger1324'']Use a play and charge kit - it comes with a battery pack and the cable to charge it, and it works great.[/QUOTE]

This and it's green :D
I wouldn't recommend the Play %26 Charge, I just use some energizer rechargables. I just don't like the play and charge kit, it takes to long to charge, and at least for me it didn't last as long as the rechargable batteries. Do what you want though!
[QUOTE=''Samslayer'']I wouldn't recommend the Play %26 Charge, I just use some energizer rechargables. I just don't like the play and charge kit, it takes to long to charge, and at least for me it didn't last as long as the rechargable batteries. Do what you want though![/QUOTE]

it lasts as long the first few times, but as you keep recharging, it gets less and less
[QUOTE=''Samslayer'']I wouldn't recommend the Play %26 Charge, I just use some energizer rechargables. I just don't like the play and charge kit, it takes to long to charge, and at least for me it didn't last as long as the rechargable batteries. Do what you want though![/QUOTE]

The advantage of the play and charge kit is that just because your batteries ran out doesn't mean you have to stop gaming - just clip the cable on and you can continue playing. If your rechargeable batteries run out mid session you have to wait and charge them before playing again.



As for battery packs wearing out - I play a lot and my original battery pack is still working fine after nearly 2 years. Just treat them the same as rechargeable batteries - fully charge them, then fully use them. If you keep charging anything rechargeable at different points it will reduce the amount of charge it can hold much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment