Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What do you do with abusive people onlin ...

I've been playing online with Gears 2 now for several months and finally had the misfortune of getting on a server with someone that just wanted to start a fight. Right off the bat this guy tells me that he doesn't like me because he gets some bad vibe from my screen name. I laugh it off just thinking that he's in a joking mood and wants to talk harmless trash.For a few minutes he leaves it alone but eventually gets bored and starts to harass me again. He starts calling me names which again I laugh off because I really didn't care what he had to say. At one point I casually mention to him that I'm an older gamer with a wife and family and I'm just here to have fun.Well that gave him some ammunition and now he starts to get vulgar. He threatens to rape my kids and kill my wife. Suddenly he's stepped way over the line in my book but I'm not one to overreact to these things so I simply ignore him and don't give him the satisfaction of a response to those comments. Shortly thereafter as fate would have it my connection went south and I got booted from the server. I was going to leave soon anyway simply because I felt bad for the other people that had to listen to that.Afterward I wondered if I should report the guy. He really stepped over the line and I never said one thing to provoke him. He was just determined to trash someone andI happened to be the lucky guy. What would you guys do? Should I let it pass or report him? His rep was 5 stars so I got to imagine this might be an isolated incident but still he was pretty nasty with his comments. I'm inclided to let it slide unless I happen to meet him again. I'm generally pretty passive and don't like to confront people unless necessary and even though his comments were rude no one eas actually harmed. Do I owe it to the Xbox public to report these things or is it generally overlooked unless it's a repeat offense?What do you do with abusive people onlin ...
Mute them, avoid them, and if they are particularly offensive consider reporting them.What do you do with abusive people onlin ...
The guy sounds like a real tool. I too am an older gamer with wife and kids. He OBVIOUSLY has issues, but that still doesn't excuse his behavior. You should DEFINITELY report that idiot.
You should have muted him, and reported him. Also, I think it would be best if you told us his name so we can watch out for him.
Yeah, killing and raping your family thats not cool. If it was me, I would call microsoft and get him perm banned at the very LEAST report him.
[QUOTE=''FightnEmu'']Yeah, killing and raping your family thats not cool. If it was me, I would call microsoft and get him perm banned at the very LEAST report him.[/QUOTE]Yep, and you can file a complaint against him on Xbox Live.
Thanks guys, I'll consider reporting him. In the meantime look out for someone named TigerPride## I forget the numbers but his name starts with TigerPride.
It's easy. Take it this way: you report him, you ain't solving anything, but get the guy really mad at you.You don't report him, you just prove him that you're actually better than him.Self pride.On the other hand, there are some REALLY REALLY good hackers out there, and when they don't like something, well, there's no stopping. So think before you do something, especially if you have kids. Don't MIX your mind with a moron's. Let them rot !
[QUOTE=''WarAnakin'']It's easy. Take it this way: you report him, you ain't solving anything, but get the guy really mad at you.You don't report him, you just prove him that you're actually better than him.Self pride.On the other hand, there are some REALLY REALLY good hackers out there, and when they don't like something, well, there's no stopping. So think before you do something, especially if you have kids. Don't MIX your mind with a moron's. Let them rot ![/QUOTE]No, he should report the guy, because people like him are the people that ruin Xbox Live and get other people pissed off, which results in a huge mess. Also, if you report people, there is no way for them to find out, even if they look at their stats. I think you've watched too many spy movies, lol.
Reporting someone does nothing. It takes an insane amount of bad feedback for them to actually do something.You have two options. Keep crying, or mute him. That's why they made the mute button..
OH WOW !I thought they ban you straight away... That sucks !You know what they should do, they should add a ''Bad Rating'' with stars or percentage so that everyone can see how lame a player is.It should be, just below the current one, which i think is highly overrated since it's always 5 stars.I don't know about it, i have silver account and i don't plan on getting gold.
NO! dont mute or report!



Try and make him slip, make him say something that can abuse him on and take it to an extent in which he cannot match your comebacks, ive had some classic arguments on xbox live that have left people laughing at the arrogant gamer that starts it, like the guy in your case.



Generally i do avoid an argument but some things i dont tolerate.
Oh, and everyone except new accounts has 5 stars. It means nothing, absolutely nothing. It's just there for decoration.
annoy them
[QUOTE=''RobNBankz'']Oh, and everyone except new accounts has 5 stars. It means nothing, absolutely nothing. It's just there for decoration.[/QUOTE]
That's not true actually.. I have seen people with less then half a star rep you just gotta piss a lot of people off. Reporting doesn't really do anything tho.
just report him that kind of behavior is just not right
mute is by far the best way
ignore him or mute him hes a retard
Mute them or block them.
I find this happens a lot in Gears of War 2. Usually I am in a party and don't here these types of people but if I am not in a party I mute the person, submit bad feedback (in hopes not to be matched up with them again), and file a complaint. Everyone says it's not worth it but if a person is being absuive to you most likely they are doing it to others as well and from my understanding if enough complaints for the same issue keep piling up Microsoft will do something about it. I think it's better than doing nothing personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment